(last updated January 2018)
Name: Austin Grant Walters
- English – Native
- Irish – A2 (in progress)
- Spanish – A1
- Computer Science, University of Illinois Urbana-Campaign, 2013 – 2015
- Joliet Junior College, Honors Certificate, no degree, 2010 – 2013
Education – Awards, Recognitions, Positions:
- ISUR student, sponsored by Semiconductor Research Corporation (SRC) (2015)
- Senior Thesis/Undergraduate Research in Tim Bretl’s Research Group, focus in Computer Vision (Fiducial Markers) (2013 – 2015)
- ACM, University of Illinois Chapter (Associate for Computing Machinery), Treasurer (2014 – 2015)
- ACM, University of Illinois Chapter, SIGBio (Special Interest Group in Biology) Chair (2013 – 2015)
- Recipient 2012 Joliet Junior College Faculty Scholarship (2012)
- Completed Joliet Junior College Honors Program, received a certificate (2010 – 2012)
- CEO MetaCortex Inc 2016 – Present
- Software Engineer Capital One 2015 – Present
- Giggster Software Engineer 2015 – 2016
- Software Engineer Caterpillar, Simulation Lab, 2014 – 2015
- Technology Intern Capital One in Rolling Meadows Illinois, Summer 2014
- IT internship at AdventEdge Healthcare Solutions in Lombard Illinois, over the summer of 2012.
- Temporary Clerk at AdventEdge Healthcare Solutions in Lombard Illinois from November 2007-2012 (while I was still in high school)
- ProjectPiglet – MetaCortex Inc.
- Easy-A.net – MetaCortex Inc.
- Synaptitude.me – Startup
- austingwalters.com / agw.io – Personal/Technical Blog
- Top Financial Advisor – Friends website that I work part-time on
- Lettergram.net – People can sign up to receive daily emails.
- thinksuite.io – Startup – Defunct
- ProjectPiglet – Identify, monitor, and explore how insiders and/or experts feel about given stories and topics.
- Easy-A.net – Grade distributions and predictions for university students
- ThinkSuite (website) – Real-time mental health tracking, and neurofeedback system.
- Top Financial Advisor – I developed a method of making long term stock predictions which was very effective in the summer of 2013. I am getting it ready to for launch on Top Financial Advisor – Investment Guide.
- Everyday Algorithms – (In Development) – An introductory book on algorithms, providing examples with algorithms we see in everyday life.
- Selenium Factory – Won my team the Capital One intern competition.
- St. John’s Lutheran Church Confirmation Leader (2009 – 2012), taught the churches conformation program to the “hard group” of kids (12 – 15 yrs old)
- Mission Trip 2010 – New Hampshire – Volunteer – with St. John’s Lutheran Church
- Mission Trip 2011 – West Virginia – Youth Leader – with St. John’s Lutheran Church
When I first my goals section, I was working in IT at AHS. I wanted to graduate, start a company, and move to California. Now I am married, graduates, and just started my first company. My goals are the same as they have always been, to push the limits of what I am capable of, and more generally what is possible. I am striving for the success of my startup Synaptitude and MetaCortex Inc.
I hold to several key ideals – I believe that everyone is capable of being a god, in the sense we can alter any of our surroundings, know everything, expand, and grow. In the end, I hope to make the world as I believe it should be. I hold that I have no right to impede another human being and no one has a right to impede me, within reason. I aspire to be the best I can be and attempt to only deal with others who believe as I do. I work hard for everything I own and I intend to keep all I can. I am against taxes, I am against a welfare state, I am against anything which forces me to help others that I do not wish to help. What I am is an Objectivist of sorts. I never wish my freedom to be taken from me and will always be willing to fight for it if there is a battle I can win. I believe in reason, logic, and that greed runs the world, we all want what’s best for us. In that sense, greed is good. I believe as humans we should always try to improve ourselves, and push ourselves to our limits.
My hobbies include taking care, trading, and researching reptiles and my naked cat Mew and Java; playing the saxophone and guitar (which I stopped doing due to school); producing new content for my websites; researching new technologies and companies; learning more about computing and basking in the pleasure of this technology based age.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Golang, Python, Java, Ruby, PHP, NetLogo, R
Frameworks: OpenCV, Qt, Rails, OpenCL, OpenMP
Areas of Focus: Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Neuroscience, Systems Programming, Web Development