About a week ago I ended my internship with AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions and started a new job at Jimmy Johns as a driver (essentially I deliver sandwiches). It was a good internship and I learned a lot! I am hopeful that next summer will bring a new internship where I can learn more, but the highlights from this internships are as follows:
- I learned how to set up a backup tape drive.
- I learned the basics of networking windows machines.
- I learned how phones work inside of an office (networking the phones was interesting).
- I learned what was most and least important in an office setting (in regards to IT).
- I now understand how servers, phones, computers, and the internet all integrate for a business.
- I understand more on how a typewriter functions (*Yes, a typewriter).
What I would like to move on and learn is more in lines with programming and dealing more in depth with the actual circuitry. Most of what I did this internship was find out how to avoid and fix compatibility issues and I would much rather design a program to not have any. It drove me absolutely nuts that we were required to use 1990’s software on a 2011 machine.
Anyways over all it was a good experience and I hope to gain more in the future.