I have been listening to my friends and family and am concerned that many are not aware of the election process. Having the presidential election flip from Democrat to Republican at this point can cause massive rioting, violence, etc.
We should all be aware of the current situation and the news outlets do not appear to be informing people.
Disclaimer: I’m am not pro-democrat or pro-republican. Personally, I believe neither party is fit to run the country.
I wanted to share what appears to be the Republican strategy and why it’s possible (though still unlikely) Trump could win.
PredictIt currently has 16% odds of Trump winning:
Biden is not Officially the President-Elect
The president elect is determined by the electoral college or the General Services Administration (aka Trump conceding). That did not occur.
This is not uncommon, from wikipedia:
The closest instance of there being no qualified person to take the presidential oath of office on Inauguration Day happened in 1877 when the disputed election between Rutherford B. Hayes and Samuel J. Tilden was decided and certified in Hayes’ favor just three days before the inauguration (then March 4).
Evidence, Pending Review
It takes time to build evidence. Last night on Fox News (Hannity, 11/10/2020) the Republicans discussed some of the election (video may be removed, not on Fox News website).
The Republicans claim 11,000+ incident reports of vote manipulation, currently being vetted by attorneys. 250+ affidavits already signed, many have corroborating physical evidence, photos or additional witnesses (unclear how much). In a section below, some specific claims are covered.
The Voting Recount Process
- Affidavit is necessary to challenge some ballots
- After canvassing, Republicans can request a recount
- A judges in each county can review evidence (aka affidavits, photos, etc)
- The judge can remove ballots (at random) based on evidence
- Judgements can be challenged to a higher court
- Recount occurs after ballots removed
- IF it’s so wide spread or there’s a major error. The house or senate decide (or special elections), it depends on the State.
- Electors vote on to December 14 and delivered December 23rd 
State Government Affiliation(s)
- PA, MI, WI and GA have a fairly large republican majority of both houses
- AZ has a slight republican majority of both houses
- NV has a large Democrat majority in both houses
It’s also still possible the United States Supreme Court could still toss hundreds of thousands of ballots out of PA (Biden’s up by 40k).
Selected claims on Fox / Hannity (on 11/10/2020):
1. There was a “software bug” in one jurisdiction, the exact same software was used in half of Michigan and multiple states. Only the one county noted the fix. They want to re-evaluate and manually recount in said counties. Code reviews requested.
2. Pennsylvania USPS (more than one) said the postal service was backdating ballots AND collecting ballots after the date (prior to back dating, i.e. they knew)
3. Michigan had a lot of dead people vote >50 for one county, thus far that they’ve found.
4. All the states have laws enabling the voting process to be accessible to the public, due to COVID-19 they limited public observers, particularly from independents. Legal challenges can occur, as that is against many states laws.
5. Democrat poll watchers were handing out pamphlets on “how to distract GOP poll watchers”
6. Poll watchers claim to have seen ballots with the same or no signatures be counted in Michigan
Personally, I believe this is the correct course of action. I’m not sure I believe all the claims.
However, I think it’s very important we challenge the votes, see where it falls and improve the Republic. Even if we do it after the election, it’s important we identify fraud and / or improve the process so this doesn’t happen again.
Unfortunately, the news media is not presenting this very well. I am concerned this will lead to a civil war. The Democratic party knows they are not officially the president elect, yet hold press conferences, that look like this…
I’m not convinced this wont lead to violence. I’m concerned because it looks like if the Democrats lose the election. There will be a rival government setup. Several foreign powers have already acknowledged Biden as the victor, for instance.
Personally, I just want a safe environment for my friends and family. I think most of us do.